Our mission is to have a playground for all children, children with disabilities, and parents/grandparents/Veterans that are disabled and need a place to be able to play with their kids / grandkids. There will also be a focus to include elements for children/adults with autism.
The Need/Why We are Different from Other Playgrounds
- Accessibility - Most playgounds lack access or adaptive ramps for strollers, wheelchairs or walkers both for the child or parent/grandparent.
- Adaptive - Most playgrounds lack adaptive playground equipment for children with special needs or physical disabilities.
- Isolation - People need to be aware that there are other families out there with similar situations and we want to create a social aspect by allowing them to play in the same place.
- Location - Similar parks are not local, we will be easily accessible to those living on the Westside of Cleveland.
- Sensory Components - Our park will have a space geared toward kids with ASD as well as visual & hearing impairments.